Thursday, July 24, 2008

Saddlebag in place

I've been commuting with the WIG saddlebag prototype for a few weeks now. It's huge, and holds my lunch, clothes, shoes, tools and has room to spare. I hardly know it's there when I'm riding, and doesn't catch the wind like panniers do. Also, it doesn't cause the sweaty-back problem that messenger bags cause in this warm weather.
WIG put it together at just about the same time that I was looking into either making my own saddlebag or buying a Carradice Super C. There's a few kinks to work out, but I have a great appreciation for cyclotouring-style saddlebags now. I suppose I look unusual/weird using this thing to carry all of my stuff with me to work. That doesn't matter to me anyway since there are so few cyclists on the roads that are on my route, and I probably look silly to everyone else simply because I'm biking.

No comments: